Activate your streaming device to watch your favorite videos and music
Roku streaming device models offers you the top and best features to watch your favorite videos, music, photos and a lot more. All you need to do is to activate your device and enjoy streaming. There are set of activation steps to be followed to complete the process. Let us know the tips and tricks to watch your favorite videos, music and view the photos on your Roku media player.
Roku Media Player
- Login to the Roku channel store and search for the Roku media player. Select it and tap on the download tab to complete the installation process
- Open the Roku media player, choose your favorites and start streaming
- The below file formats are supported to play with the Roku media player – Video formats -H.264/AVC (MKV, MP4, and MOV)
- Audio file formats – MKV, MP4, and MOV
- 4K video formats-H.265/HEVC (MKV, MP4, and MOV)
- To view the Photos there are few formats supported-JPG, PNG and GIF
- The best part is that the media player is compatible to work with the DLNA servers such as Windows player, Play on, Servioo and Plex
To play the contents on Roku media player
- Open the Roku streaming media player
- Then select the media type from the media type selection section
- Select the media type you wish to play. After you select the type of the media file, tap on the OK button or the Play button.
- Wait for some time and the selected media file will start playing
- To play or pause the videos which you want to play, tap on the Play or the Pause button. Forward or the scan button will forward the contents
To play the contents on the USB drive
Some users prefer playing the contents stored on the USB drive. To stream and watch the contents insert the USB cable. Look for the port on your streaming device. Before you copy the contents to the drive check if the file formats are supported.
Insert the USB drive to the respective port. If the device is not detected using the settings> system> USB media player.
File formats supported by USB drive
- HFS file systems
What if you come across the errors streaming your favorite videos on Roku Media Player?
Users who come across errors streaming the favorite videos on Roku media player or while using the USB drive can use the troubleshooting tips below
- Go for a quick restart of your device (Go to settings>system>system restart)
- Uninstall the Roku media player and install it again. Check and make sure that the video player you download is compatible to use with the streaming device.
- Users who prefer the USB port or the USB drive can check the compatibility of the File formats. You can convert the files to the required format to watch it. Make sure that you choose the respective format for audios and videos. Users who do not know how to convert the files can get the guidance from the network support team
- Check if the streaming device is active. Restart the device once and then check if the errors still persist
- Always use a good speed network connection for streaming (wired and wireless)
Get more guidance to activate the Roku streaming device and the tips to watch your favorite videos visiting our web page go.roku.com/wireless. Contact our network team by dialing the toll-free number +1-866-991-0490. It is our vision to provide the required support and assistance to all our customers.