Do you own a 4K UHD TV and want to stream high-quality 4K content? Then, you might need the help of the Roku Ultra to gain access to 4K channels such as Netflix and YouTube. This does not mean that the device cannot stream other channels. They can stream content in the following resolutions,
- 720p HD
- 1080p full HD
- 4K Ultra HD
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
Besides, you get an advanced remote with this Roku player which has the following features.
Characteristic features of the remote
- Point anywhere remote –you can conveniently hide your Roku behind your TV and still be able to control it.
- Remote finder – you no longer have to worry about losing your remote as this feature will help locate your remote.
- Gaming buttons – these convenient buttons are present on your remote and therefore you do not need additional gear for playing online games.
- Voice search – this feature lets you control your Roku with conversational voice commands.
- Private listening – you can now watch that horror movie in the middle of the night without waking anyone in your house. Plug in your headphones into the remote and enjoy private listening.
- TV Power button – additionally, the remote also has a power button to control your TV. You do not have to use two different remotes to control your streaming player and your TV.
When you make a decision and bring home this Roku device, you will have to set it up and activate it first.
Initial setup steps
This setup process has to be done only once to enjoy all the features of this device.
- Connect the device to a power supply using the power adaptor that is provided along with it
- Using a high-speed HDMI cable, connect the Roku with a display screen of your choice
- Switch on both the devices
- On the first screen that appears on your display screen, select your desired language
- All settings and other dialog boxes will here onwards appear in the selected language
- However, some channels will appear only in English and you have to get in touch with the channel provider for the necessary translations
- In the next step, you have to connect the streaming player to the internet
- For a wireless connection, choose the name of your network from the list displayed
- Enter the relevant password of your network and select the CONNECT option to continue to the next step
- Use the SHOW PASSWORD option to display the password that you had keyed in
- If you cannot find your network, then use the SCAN AGAIN TO SEE ALL NETWORKS option
- After connected to the internet, give the device some time to automatically download necessary software
- Once that is complete, you can go ahead and make changes to other audio and video settings
Use our toll-free number 1-866-991-0490 to activate your streaming player and start adding channels to it. One such interesting channel available for Roku users is the YouTube TV channel. So how to activate YouTube TV channel on Roku? Here are a few simple steps to help you add this channel app to your streaming player.
Steps for adding YouTube TV to your Roku
- From the main screen menu of Roku, use your remote and then navigate to STREAMING CHANNELS
- In the search box key in “YouTube TV” and ensure that you select the correct app from the search results
- In order to add this channel, you need to provide your Roku PIN and
- then your payment information
- As this is a live TV channel app, you must also remember to enable the live TV feature on your Roku