What is a Roku account?
- Setup Roku account saves the Roku streaming device as your Streaming device and it also saves the channels that you have added and saves your preferred settings to your account.
- You should possess a valid Email ID associated with your Roku account to access your account and to receive news alerts and important notifications.
- You will have to choose a strong and secure password to keep your account details safe so that no one else can use it.
Why do you need to setup Roku Account?
- After you purchase a Roku streaming device, you will need a Roku account to activate your Roku Streaming device.
- If you do not have a Roku account, you will be asked to create a new account.
- You will be asked to choose payment options instead e.g. Credit card.
- This Payment method will be linked to your Roku account.
- You can also rent, buy or download movies, subscribe to your favorite TV shows with the payment method you have linked to your Roku account.
- You can add and change your payment method whenever you want. This will not have any changes to your Roku account. You will be charged after you finish adding the payment method and after you go through the additional steps that are required to make a purchase.
- You can link more than one Streaming device to your same Roku account.
Steps to create a Roku account:
- Visit the Roku website.
- You can click on “Create Account” in case you don’t have a Roku account.
- You can provide your personal details like your email address that you want to use and create a Password for your Roku account.
- Enter the Pin and authorize your purchase on your Roku store.
- Provide the billing information such as the card details on the next page.
- Based on your payment methods follow the on-screen instructions and you will be having a Roku account.
Link Roku account From Your Device!
On your Roku streaming device:
Perform the basic setup Roku account step and connect your Roku streaming device.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your Roku device and the other end to your HD TV.
- Insert the batteries you found with the accessories into the remote.
- Plugin the power adapter into the power slot behind the Roku device and the other end to a wall mount power supply.
- Connect to a working high-speed internet connection.
- You can connect your Roku device to a Wireless network or to a wired network
- Use an Ethernet cable for wired connection between the Roku device and the Router.
- When you select wireless connectivity, choose your network name and provide the password using the Roku remote.
- After you connect your device to the internet, follow every instruction you see on the screen.
- It will update the device software to the latest.
- Choose the video resolution for the best output quality.
- You will receive a Roku activation code. Make a note of the code.
On the web browser:
- Visit the link provided on the screen to link the device to your Roku account.
- Now choose sign in and log in to the Roku account you have created.
- Click on Home from your Roku account.
- Choose Link a device option from the Home menu.
- Provide the link code you have made a note of at the given space.
- Click on Link the device to link your Roku device to your Roku account.