Roku Streaming Device
Roku Streaming Device is one of the most successful brands when it comes to streaming devices. They are in the form of box, stick, smart TV with Roku OS, Roku.com/link devices are available everywhere. You can do a lot of things when you have Roku at home
How do you add and remove channels on Roku Streaming Device ?
Adding channels to your Roku device is very easy. The simple and the easy way to add a channel to your Roku device (Roku channel activation) is through the Roku channel store. When you find the channel you want to add, simply follow the steps given below:
- Select “Add channel” to add the channel you need.
- After you receive a prompt, enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) for security purpose.
- Repeat this step for any other channels you’re interested in.
Once you’re done, press the home button and move out of the channel store to the home screen.
How to remove installed channels from your Roku device? (Roku channel activation)
You can simply remove the channels you have installed on your device from the home screen.
- The Home screen has the entire added channel, to remove any unwanted channels from the menu please press the * option from your remote.
- Choose “Remove channel” and press “OK” to confirm removing the channel using your remote.
- You can follow the same steps to remove any channel from your Roku device.
You can remove subscription-based channels after your subscription is over.
Removing Installed Channels via the Channel Store:
- Click on the home button on your Roku remote to open the home screen.
- From the home menu, choose “Streaming channels” with the help of the remote.
- Choose the channel you would like to uninstall and select OK.
- Select the option “Installed Channel” on the right side of the screen
- Now press the option “remove channel” and then verify the selection.
Note: You cannot remove channels at the Roku.com link.
Popular Private channels
Private channels are also known as hidden channels and are part of the Roku channel store. There are various reasons for a channel to be private. The content of the channels may be for adults only, maybe it is in the beta version and only for the trial purpose, or it may be because they do not have any official app and that they are a third-party app. You cannot find these channels on the channel store by simply searching for it using your Roku remote.
To add a Private channel to your Streaming Player, please follow instructions provided below:
- Navigate to my.roku.com and log in to your Roku account.
- Select “Add a channel”.
- Provide the channel code you get from the channel developer.
You can see the channel you have added within a day on your Roku player’s home screen. You can also view the channel at “My channels” under the Roku channel store.
Note: Because these channels are “private”, they may not be fit for everyone. Roku does not provide support for these channels.
For more information adding channels to your Roku.com/link streaming devices, you can visit go.roku.com/wireless. Call us at our toll-free numbers +1-866-991-0490 if you face any trouble adding the channels.