Activate PBS App on Roku
Get full-length episodes of local as well as national programming on your Roku TV by activating PBS on your device. You will gain easy access to videos under multiple genres such as news, technology, arts, history, etc. For a unique and localized experience select your favorite PBS station. If you are wondering. How do I Activate PBS App on Roku? Well, here are the instructions.
You may also have to visit PBS’s website to complete the activation of your device. You can use any compatible web browser for the purpose.
Instructions for activation
- On your Roku screen click on the PBS App icon
- A 7-digit activation code appears on the screen (you will use this in the subsequent steps)
External device usage
The following must be performed by an external device because you may not be able to activate it directly on the Roku
- Click on a compatible web browser on your phone, computer, or tablet, or phone (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Type the PBS website URL into the address bar
- You will see an empty field. Here, type the 7-digit code that just appeared when you clicked on the PBS App icon
- Tap on ‘Continue’
You will be taken to another page, where you can sign in to the app using either the PBS Account, Google Account or Facebook account. For Google, you can use your Google account username and password and if you are logging in through Facebook, you can use your Facebook account credentials.
Note: It is important to create a PBS account if you don’t have one.
Where most of the times activation is not a problem, you might encounter the ‘Activation was not successful’ message. In such a case, go back to the PBS site and enter your Roku activation code again and click on ‘Continue’. It should work this time. If not, call our backend agents for troubleshooting your activation process.
You will find our number at the end of this blog.
Creating a PBS Account
Once you create a PBS account, you can use the same credentials across all PBS products. Creating a PBS Account will require you to use a device such as a PC, tablet or smartphone.
Note: To create Facebook and Google accounts, go to the respective website.
- For account creation, go to the PBS website and click on ‘Sign In’ (look on the upper left side of the screen)
- Then, click on ‘Sign in with Email’
- Type your first name and last name in the empty fields
- Enter your password (should be at least 8 characters in length with a combination of letters and numbers)
- Click on ‘Register’
- In case you wish to stay signed in then check the box against ‘Keep me signed in’
- Now return back to the PBS home page and you will see that your name appears on the top of the page