Execute your Roku Wireless Setup through go.roku.com/wireless
Roku is one of the best streaming players which came into rise after the cord-cutting revolution. Live TV, on-demand contents and everything are available under one roof. Internet connectivity plays a vital role in streaming your favorite channels on the streaming player. It is always suggested to opt for a wireless network connection. The Roku wireless setup can be done in many ways and they are mentioned below in a precise manner.
Accomplish go.roku.com/connectivity without the remote. Roku’s remote can face some technical issues due to which it is rendered non-functional. You can still setup your wireless by using the mobile app. Roku’s app is compatible with all platforms.
- First, go to the relevant app store and download it
- Then press on ‘Remote’
- In the meantime, connect the Roku to the TV
- After your switch on your TV, just tune in to the correct HDMI input
- You can now switch your Roku player on to follow instructions to setup the wireless
Easy Guide for Roku Wireless Setup
To complete your wireless setup, you have to first connect the HDMI cable to your Roku Player and TV. There are players that allow Ethernet connection too.
- Switch on the TV and then connect the power adapter to the Roku player
- To connect to the Wi-Fi you just have to press ‘Settings’ first
- Then go to ‘Network’ and from here go to ‘Wireless (Wi-Fi)’ and then press ‘Setup new Wi-Fi Connection’
- Here, choose your preferred name from the list
After completing the Roku wireless setup with the help of above-given instructions, you can start to stream some of the world-class channels like Netflix, FX Networks, HBO, Starz and more.
Types of Roku Devices
Roku streaming players are available in several models that have unique specifications and features. Check out the super cool features that you can avail in the brand new Roku device models.
Roku Premiere+ (go.roku.com/wireless)
Roku Premiere+ is one of the best models with awesome add-ons. Connecting the gadget on a wireless network is the best thing you can ever do to stream high-quality contents. Read the specifications given in detail to know more about the device.
- It measures 124.5 x 124.5 x 21.6 mm in size.
- It has options for both Ethernet cable and dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity.
- You can view your private photos and videos using the Micro SD slot on the device.
- Roku premiere+ is faster than Roku 1.
- Night listening mode is available for this model.
- Roku Premier+ is the one of the Roku top of the line models.
- Private listening lets you enjoy the videos in then night listening mode.
- Roku Premiere+ uses the RF technology making you to use remote by pointing it anywhere.
- Roku.com/link support
Roku Express+ (roku.com/link):
Roku Express + is one such device which has the power to change your older TV into a smart TV. You will get access to more than 3 million movies and television shows across paid or free channels. All you have to do is, commence the Roku wireless setup on Express+ right away. Prior to that, you can check out some of the important information that you need to know about the device.
- It measure 35.6 x 83.8 x 17.8mm and has a sleek design look.
- Slim design makes it best suited for wall mount.
- Roku Express+ is faster the older version, the Roku 1.
- It is also backward compatible.
- Roku Express+ used HDMI with Dolby pass for audio output.
- The Remote uses basic IR blaster.
- This makes you to point the remote directly in line of sight to the box.
- You can also use the mobile apps of Android and iOS to control the box.
- TV has an inbuilt tuner which also supports 4K streaming.
- Roku.com/link support for device
Roku channel activation
Once you are done with the go.roku.com/connectivity, move on to the channel activation process. Add channels that you’d love to stream. The below-given information comprises of Channel activation in three different ways. You can make use of any one method which you feel comfortable.
How to add channels – TV on goroku.com/wireless?
- On your remote, select the HOME button
- In the main screen select “Streaming channels” to select Channel Store.
- Enter a keyword in the Search Channel panel to get results based on your search.
- If it is a free channel, then select the “Add channel” option to install it on your Roku device.
- If it is a paid channel, then select the “Buy” option to purchase and install the respective channel.
- Provide your Roku account PIN in order to make any purchases.
- Keep your payment information up to date.
Online through go.roku.com/wireless?
- Visit channelstore.roku.com
- Sign into your Roku account and enter a keyword into the “Search Channel” textbox.
- All channels related to your search will be listed.
- Follow further instructions on the page to either add or purchase your favorite channel.
Mobile app in go.roku.com/wireless?
- Install the Roku mobile app on your smart phone.
- Open the app à select the CHANNELS icon
- Select “Channel Store” from the menu and then “Add channel” to add or purchase channels.
- Your Roku PIN will be needed in case of a new channel purchase.
Simple tips to improve your wireless connection
Buffering issues can be annoying, especially when you are streaming your favorite movie. Make use of the tips below to get rid of the wireless connectivity issues.
- The basic step is to test your wireless signal strength which you can do it by navigating to the Settings menu and click the Network option. You will find the signal strength showing Excellent, Good, Fair or Poor.
- Locate your router from where it is easier to acquire a strong connection
- If possible, try to limit the number of devices connected to the same network.
- The firmware update should be checked often as manufacturers will optimize the software to enhance the performance and security.
- Your wireless credentials should be good enough as security threats are increasing in recent times. It’s better to prevent than to cry over spilled milk.
- If you are using issues while Roku streaming stick, get a wireless extender which will pave way for a better connectivity.
All the methods mentioned above will definitely help you to stream without any buffering issues. In case, if you haven’t come of out the buffering problem, you can just prefer buying a new wireless router with brand new technology such as 802.11n or 802.11ac.